Optum needed to compete in the private health exchange market, so we developed v1.0 of Optum Market’s Private Health Exchange. This was first rolled out as Optum’s employee portal to enroll in annual benefits, and is also an Optum product that is being used by other large corporations for their employee benefit enrollment process. Optum Market is white labeled so it can be customized with purchasing entities branding.
Problem: Health care enrollment is confusing.
Solution: Give users simplistic steps with beneficial information to make a quality human centric experience.
As the UI visual designer, my responsibilities were:
- design of the user interface
- design and build of the style guide
- conduct gorilla user tests
- work with the usability team to design and conduct user testing
- build prototype
- design and gather data for competitive analysis
Concepts for the next generation